Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stuck In An Elevator!!!

Sooo I got stuck in an elevator the other day...it was quite exciting! haha. Luckily they have a call button inside the elevator and they answered immediately. The whole shebang lasted about 10 mins. Did I mention I was suppose to be on stage and had no way to tell my band that I was stuck! haha. I got some pretty evil looks when I walked into the club 10 mins after we were suppose to start playing! LOL. They forgave me.

When I had the idea of starting this blog, I wanted to make sure that I posted the "not-so-fun" moments of my life just as I did the good. I want it to me more realistic/in-depth than just posting updates on facebook. So the lastest "not-so-good" moment... As most of you know I'm singing for Carnival Cruiselines at the moment. My days are free time, but at night I am singing 3,4,5 hours!! It's ALOT. Not only does shiplife include long hours, but it includes coming in contact with much more germs than we normally would. We are seeing thousands of new people each week. We also deal with dust that has built up over the course of the ships' life, but there are some cracks you just can't get into to clean very well or they choose not too. The dust and dry air causes everyone to have sinus issues. Anyhow...lately after singing/talking for a little period of time, I have been experiencing a very odd ache/burning sensation on the left side throat and on the under side of my chin. The doctors on the ship can't see that far down my throat so they decided to send me to an ENT (Ear, nose and throat) doctor.

The van came and picked me up and we were off to the the doctor. Upon arriving and discussing my symptoms, they decided to scope me (AKA stick and tube up my nose and down my throat). YAY. So fun---sarcasm. The worst part was the substances they sprayed in my nose to numb it. YUCK!! I guess it was worth it! haha. So the verdict????  Acid Reflux & Allergies. It had got so bad that it was causing my vocal chords to inflame. Good news??? No nodules and we got an answer!!

My days now consist of Nexuim twice a day, Fluconase twice a day, and Singular at night! haha. Today is the first day I think I can tell a difference so that is exciting!

PS. My CD's are finally in the mail. Been a long process, but I will have them soon!

Hope all is well in your world.
Peace, Love and Pineapples.
-Katie A.

No comments:

Post a Comment